Saturday, August 1, 2009

Writing Academy

I have been in Minneapolis MN since Thursday attending the 31 Annual Writing Academy's Weekend Retreat. This is my eighth year. It's such a wonderful group of Christian friends. We have Writer's eXchange groups in several genres: Fiction, Devotions, Poetry, etc. For more information see www.wams.org. Membership is open to anyone interested in Christian Writing. We have one book published - Daily Devotions for Writers available on Amazon and another in process. If you are a writer and would be interested in our group or have any questions be sure to let me know..



Without this group I would have not had the courage to write a book. Yet as I sit here, my book is being printed and should be available sometime in the next week or two. Fearless Teaching from a Grocery Cart is a book of true stories defining my 12 years of teaching GED classes in an Indiana County Jail, with only a grocery cart for my desk. Each of the 20 chapters has Tips for Teachers at the end. These could be helpful for any teacher in your life. If I could successfully teach through the bars and have graduates each year, most of you who teach can gain something from the stories I've told.



Email me at steinmag@gmail.com if you would like to purchase a book. They are $18.00 which includes the shipping. You can preview the book on Amazon, but my price beats theirs.

3 comments:

  1. Can you send me Kay's blog address? Is that what you call it - an address or is there some other term?

    Also, if I leave a comment on other peoples' blogs, will that auatomatically hook me to theirs?

    Hope things are going well at home. I met a lady in the airiport who may want to join us. I only sold 3 books on the way home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You slacker! Only 3 books? :~) Of course I am TOTALLY kidding. You are amazing! And you've got the gift of marketing. Love your new blog.

    ReplyDelete